Vatandoust recognises the importance of privacy and is committed to ensuring the privacy of your information. We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles. Our policy for dealing with resumes and any personal information that you disclose to us, in relation to possible career opportunities with Vatandoust, is explained below.
Information we collect
Vatandoust collects personal information in the form of resumes and other information provided by the applicant in order to assess the suitability of the applicant for a potential position with Vatandoust.
- • resumes, including the applicant’s name and address, contact details such as phone numbers and email addresses, skills and employment history details.
- • academic transcripts and other transcripts.
- • a minimum of (2) reference checks from previous employers. Referees are nominated by the applicant.
- • other miscellaneous information that is disclosed by the applicant and is included as part of the resume.
- • information collected during the course of the interviewing process such as interview notes and assessment results.
- • sensitive information including membership of a professional or trade association and criminal record.
We usually collect your information directly from you, such as via our website or by mail or indirectly through recruitment agencies.
Use and Disclosure of your Personal Information
Personal information provided to Vatandoust by applicants will be used by People and Development during the course of the recruitment and selection process. The information will often be distributed internally to the relevant staff who is involved in the particular recruitment activity. The information will be strictly confidential. We may disclose your personal and sensitive information to police organisations, your referees and other persons you nominate or mention in your application. We sometimes engage other companies to provide services on our behalf which may result in them having access to your personal information. They will only have access to the information for the purpose of providing the services and must not use your personal information for their own purposes. In this regard, we have engaged Pinpoint HRM to provide recruitment services.
Once the recruitment and selection process is complete the information will be held and stored in a secure location. Resumes and related information of unsuccessful applicants will be kept for a period of six (6) months, after which time it will be shredded, or otherwise destroyed.
Quality of Personal Information
Our goal is to take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us with this please contact Vatandoust, if any of the details you have provided change.
Personal Information Security
Vatandoust is committed to keeping your personal information secure. Resumes and all related information for unsuccessful applicants are kept in a central secure location. Only authorised Vatandoust staff have access to this information
Contact us about Privacy